The Scion GC-TQ Premium is the chromatographer’s choice for triple quadrupole mass detector; it is designed to match your most stringent needs for analytical performance and productivity.
The Scion GC-TQ Premium offers superior sensitivity and robustness based on the innovative ion optics, and fast and easy methods development for multicomponent quantitation following the unique Compound Based Scanning (CBS) approach with MRM library.
The Scion GC-TQ Premium GC-MS/MS system defines a new standard of usability for routine analysis and has the smallest bench footprint in the industry.
Analyzer – MS Specifications
- Scan modes: Full Scan, Precursor, Product, Neutral Loss/Gain Monitoring, Selected Ion Monitoring (SIM), Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) and Result Dependent Scanning
- Ionization mode: Electron Ionization (EI) as standard, available with Chemical Ionization (CI)
- On source: Auto-aligning EI source constructed of inert materials
- q0 ion guide: 90° curved RF-only entrance quadrupole with active ion beam focusing and heating at 135 o C
- Source temperature: 100 °C to 350 °C
- Filament and emission current: dual filaments; up to 200 µA
- Electron energy: adjustable from 0 to 150 eV
- Mass filters: quadrupole with pre- and post-filters; high ion transmission efficiency, lens-less design
- Collision cell: 180° curved path with pre- and post-filter regions
- Collision cell gas: Argon
- Collision energy: Selectable up to 75 eV
- Mass range (m/z): 1 to 1200 Da
- Scan rate: up to 20,000 Da/sec
- Minimum scan time (dwell time): 1 ms
- Maximum acquisition MRM rate: 600 MRM’s/sec
- Resolution: user-adjustable from 0.7 Da (Unit) to 4 Da, also with three user-selectable settings
- (Unit, Standard, Open) on both Q1 and Q3.
- Mass axis stability: < ± 0.1 Da over 48 hours
- Transfer line temperature: up to 350 °C
- Manifold temperature: 40-50 °C
- Detector: EDR™ Electron multiplier with ±5 kV post acceleration and with on-the-fly multiplier gain optimization for Extended Dynamic Range (EDR); direct ion collection onto multiplier for negative ion detection without dynode loss
- Turbomolecular pump: dual stage, 310/400 L/sec, air-cooled for helium carrier gas flow up to 25 mL/min.
- Foreline pump: dual-stage rotary vane; voltage 120/230V
- Power requirements: 100-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz ±3 Hz, 1200 VA
- Operating environment temperature: 15 °C to 33 °C
- Operating environment humidity: 20 % to 80 % relative humidity (without condensation)
- Scion MS Workstation: equipped with the Compound Base Scanning (CBS) MRM library for data acquisition, data handling, and reporting
- Optional spectral libraries: NIST, Wiley, and Maurer/Pfleger/Weber (PMW) libraries and with usercustomizable libraries and automatic searching of multiple libraries
Gas Chromatograph (Scion 436 and 456 Model GC)
- Injectors: Split/Splitless (SSL), Programmable Temperature Vaporization (PTV), etc., back-flush option available for all injectors.
- Autosamplers: CP 8400; CP 8410; CTC PAL COMBI-xt
- GC Oven Temperature: Ambient +4 °C to 450 °C
- Temperature Ramps/Holds: 24/25
- Pneumatic: Electronic Flow Control (EFC) or Manual (Model 456)
- ChromatoProbe™: Direct introduction of solids, liquids or slurries (requires PTV injector)
- MS Tuning: tune-to-target, pump-down, and venting controlled by multi-language touchpad on the GC.
*All tests use helium as carrier gas. EI MRM sensitivity test will be used as installation checkout specifications; not all other performance tests are confirmed at installation. † The Signal-to-Noise ratio S/N values are based on RMS
IDL**: Instrument Detection Limit, defined as IDL=t(0.99, f=7)×S, whereas t(0.99, f=7) is the one-sided student’s t-distribution value of 2.998 for 99% of confidence and for degree of freedom 7 (f=n-1, n the number of injections); S is the peak area standard deviation of 8 replicate injections. ‡ CI tests use methane as reagent gas
Dimensions (H x W x D) and Weight
- Scion GC-TQ: 45 cm (18 in.) x 28 cm (11 in.) x 57 cm (22.5 in.), 40 kg/88 lb
- 436 GC: 57 cm (23 in.) x 32 cm (13 in.) x 61 cm (24 in.); 27 kg/59 lb
- 456 GC: 57 cm (23 in.) x 66 cm (26 in.) x 56 cm (22 in.); 43 kg/95 lb
- CP-8400/8410 Auto samplers: 40 cm (16 in.) x 22 cm (9 in.) x 47 cm (18 in.); 7 kg/15.3 lb